Fourth Tournament in Montpellier, France

This tournament was played at a really cool club, Tennis Club La Grande Motte, that had around 30 courts and it was only 5 min from the beach. It was played on hard court, which was a change after playing the last two tournaments on clay.




The French system is very unique with players feeding-in to the tournament at different times which makes the matches more competitive. I started on Saturday afternoon and played a French player with a 0 rating, and played a really strong first set and won the match 6-1, 6-4. It was a better match for me as I served a lot better and was hitting my approach shots a lot better.




I played the semifinals of the tournament on Sunday morning and played a French player who plays #1 on his team for a D2 school. He was a lefty who had a good lefty serve and a good forehand. I needed to play more aggressive this match and came to the net more to finish points and attacked the 2nd serve return. I won the match 6-1, 6-3 to advance to the finals.




In the finals, I played a 28-year-old French player who used to be ranked pretty high in Frane but doesn't play too many tournaments. The atmosphere was pretty cool with around 150 people watching the men's and women's finals. I started off the match strong, serving well and got up a break 4-3. My opponent started to return very well and play aggressively with his forehand. I ended up losing a high-quality final 7-5, 6-2. Definitely, a lot to learn and take away before the next tournament later this week.



For making the final of this men's open I earned 150 Euros, a shirt, hat, and towel. On the next tournament!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hong Kong Futures - First doubles points!

Tournament Update: BNP Indian Wells Pre-Qualifying

Tournament #10 Futures Sardegna, Italy