Second Tournament in Uriage, France

After arriving back in Montpellier for a few days of training, I took a 2.5-hour train ride to Grenoble, France. The tournament was in Uriage, which is a small town outside of Grenoble on the Eastern side of France near Switzerland. The place where I stayed was on the mountainside and there is a ski resort that is about 10 minutes away.



This tournament was a $15,000 Futures and most of the players were from France, and I was the only one from the U.S. My match was the last match of the day and it was on center court with around 100 people watching.

This was my first tournament on red clay and I played a player from Argentina who has played a lot on clay. I lost the first set in a tiebreak 6-7 (3-7) in a set where I had a lot of chances to get a lead but couldn't quite pull ahead. I played a good second set where I won 6-1 while playing more aggressive and serving well. The third set was very close and I definitely had my opportunities but couldn't convert. 

Now I am back training in Montpellier for this whole week which should be great to work on some things from the last 2 weeks. This weekend I am playing a money tournament on red clay (which is different than Futures tournaments) but a good opportunity to get a lot of matches and hopefully win a little money!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hong Kong Futures - First doubles points!

Tournament Update: BNP Indian Wells Pre-Qualifying

Tournament #10 Futures Sardegna, Italy